Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Internet Connection Issues

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
rbrugman

Internet Connection Issues

#1 Post by rbrugman »

I would like to have both my wired and wireless network interfaces load automaticly at startup, but since I am not always connected to both, I need them to be able to time out realitivly quickly so the system boots faster. I would also like to have it automaticly pick the faster of the two connections (11Mb/sec vs. 100Mb/sec) if both wireless and wired connections are present, very similar to the way Mac OS X works. If anyone has any idea, please let me know!

Robert

rbrugman

#2 Post by rbrugman »

I am desperate for answers. Someone please help my poor soul so I can continue my windows to linux migration!

Robert

rbrugman

#3 Post by rbrugman »

I solved my problem by installing network-manager and loading the applet on startup. It did everything I wanted it to do just in case anyone else has this problem.