Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

searching newsfeeds?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
getitdone

searching newsfeeds?

#1 Post by getitdone »

I want to search news sources nationwide (US) for any articles containing references to a specific subject, for example "outfitting boats".

What would be the best apps and process for doing this? I'm currently experimenting with RSS feeds and Liferea but I'm wondering if this is the best I can do?

jobezone

Re: searching newsfeeds?

#2 Post by jobezone »

getitdone wrote:I want to search news sources nationwide (US) for any articles containing references to a specific subject, for example "outfitting boats".

What would be the best apps and process for doing this? I'm currently experimenting with RSS feeds and Liferea but I'm wondering if this is the best I can do?
Using news.google.com would be one way.
Using programs I don't know, as I don't use rss readers much myself.
The Debian Documentation website contains the FAQ, Installation Manual and the Release Notes for Etch. They're helpful if you want to learn more about debian!