Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

2.6 kernel and USB

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.

2.6 kernel and USB

#1 Post by Guest »

I am having a problem with the 2.6 kernel and usb. (I'm running the 2.6.7 kernel that comes with the new Sarge installer.) I see by my Google searches that a lot of other people are having usb problems with the 2.6 kernel too.

The usb problem I'm having seems to be the same error a lot of other people have: control timeout on ep0in. I'm getting this whenever my printer, an HP Deskjet 895, or my scanner a Scanjet 6100 are plugged in. I can't even get hotplug to not hang when running /etc/init.d/hotplug restart or force-reload are run. If I leave any usb devices plugged in during boot it hangs and I have to force a reboot manually with the reset switch.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet and if so what version of the kernel and what patch is necessary.

#2 Post by Guest »

As a further update on this...

I installed the 2.6.8-6 kernel from source today and found something very interesting. If I use KDE hotplug will hang every time my scanner and/or printer are plugged in. However, if I use Gnome hotplug will successfully add both my printer and my scanner. I still can't boot with the usb cables plugged in, but at least I can use hotplug with this kernel.