Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Hi

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Fir3Fox

Hi

#1 Post by Fir3Fox »

I'm running a shell server for some users, now to my question, is there any tools for/on debian as I running debain on the server, so I can send messages or talk to them in real time, when they are logged in on the server ??

GreatFul Fir3Fox

duffmckagan

#2 Post by duffmckagan »

Are you trying to host a chat server?

If not, I don't think that you might be able to chat with people in real time(logged in to the same computer).
But what you can do is send them System mail and then you can interact

Jeroen
Debian Developer, Site Admin
Debian Developer, Site Admin

#3 Post by Jeroen »

Install ytalk, then just type 'talk <username>'. That's the common unix/linux program to interact with users -- and it's still used by quite a number of people, even despite the advent of jabber, msn, aol and the likes, because it's very simple, plain, textbased, and requires no server.

You can also just send a message by doing "write", or send a message to all users at the same time via "wall". See their manpages for details.

Fir3Fox

Thank you

#4 Post by Fir3Fox »

Jeroen wrote:Install ytalk, then just type 'talk <username>'. That's the common unix/linux program to interact with users -- and it's still used by quite a number of people, even despite the advent of jabber, msn, aol and the likes, because it's very simple, plain, textbased, and requires no server.

You can also just send a message by doing "write", or send a message to all users at the same time via "wall". See their manpages for details.
Thank you for yor answer I will install you tip. I will see how it working!!!

Greets Fir3Fox