Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

how to update

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Whale

how to update

#1 Post by Whale »

Hi
i'm a newbe. I've got sarge but since I've installed os I didnt update it. How to di it. I don't want to do upgrade just update. How to do it??
thanx

kink
Debian Developer, Site Admin
Debian Developer, Site Admin

#2 Post by kink »

Use the tool "synaptic" available from your menu. That allows you to update your system.

raju.mailinglists

Re: how to update

#3 Post by raju.mailinglists »

Whale wrote:Hi
i'm a newbe. I've got sarge but since I've installed os I didnt update it. How to di it. I don't want to do upgrade just update. How to do it??
thanx
Hi Whale,
Please read the apt-howto located at http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-h ... ex.en.html
It answers a lot more questions which will be useful if you are planning to use Debian for a while. Instead, you can also install apt-howto-en package and read the document offline at
/usr/share/doc/Debian/apt-howto/apt-howto.en.html

If you are still confused please let us know. This means that the documentation is not clear enough and needs to be revised. Feedback from newbies is always a good thing.

Harold

#4 Post by Harold »

su to root and do apt-get update.