Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

qmake in debian?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
deepstar

qmake in debian?

#1 Post by deepstar »

Hi All,

Trying to install a new app called moto4lin. Can't seem to find a .deb package so I downloaded the source from sourceforge. Install instructions call for:

1. qmake
2. make

A little reseach shows that qmake is created when QT is compiled. This Sid box has the QT gui library and QT3 header files installed but I don't seem to have qmake. What can I download or build to get qmake -- short of compiling QT??

Any pointers really appreciated.....

raju.mailinglists

Re: qmake in debian?

#2 Post by raju.mailinglists »

deepstar wrote:Hi All,
A little reseach shows that qmake is created when QT is compiled. This Sid box has the QT gui library and QT3 header files installed but I don't seem to have qmake. What can I download or build to get qmake -- short of compiling QT??
Any pointers really appreciated.....
Dont know anything about qmake. But a quick apt-file turned up these.

$ apt-file search bin/qmake
libqt4-dev: usr/bin/qmake-qt4
libqt4-dev: usr/share/qt4/bin/qmake
qt-x11-free-dbg: usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/qmake-qt3
qt3-dev-tools: usr/bin/qmake-qt3
qt3-dev-tools: usr/share/qt3/bin/qmake

So there are 3 packages which offer qmake executable. You probably know which qmake is better suited for you. For more details, read the man page of apt-file

deepstar

Re: qmake in debian?

#3 Post by deepstar »

Dont know anything about qmake. But a quick apt-file turned up these.

$ apt-file search bin/qmake
libqt4-dev: usr/bin/qmake-qt4
libqt4-dev: usr/share/qt4/bin/qmake
qt-x11-free-dbg: usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/qmake-qt3
qt3-dev-tools: usr/bin/qmake-qt3
qt3-dev-tools: usr/share/qt3/bin/qmake

So there are 3 packages which offer qmake executable. You probably know which qmake is better suited for you. For more details, read the man page of apt-file

Excellent. Thanks!