Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Internet connection

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
charkl

Internet connection

#1 Post by charkl »

I can connect to my ISP thru a dial up. I was getting disconnected but I followed forum advice and changed "auth" to "noauth" in the etc/ppp/options file and it worked. Now the problem is my browser won't open any URLs. It can't find any http addresses. I have had no problems with SUSE, Libranet, Knoppix, you name it. I had Fedora a while back and I dumped it because of this same problem. It worked for months, then one day no browser connection. I know I'm connected to the ISP. I called my ISP guy at the time to see if they changed their server IP address and he said no, he was clueless (and a Debian user I might add). Any ideas?

charkl

#2 Post by charkl »

Problem solved. I entered DNS IP addresses. Haven't had to do that since w95. But I still like Debian better. Thank you. You know I'll be back.