Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

gksu and su problem(SOLVED)

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
balexios

gksu and su problem(SOLVED)

#1 Post by balexios »

Hello again. When i open applications which need su or gksu commands sometimes a string "Granting rights" appears in the window. I just find this
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs ... 28423.html. Anyone who can help me?
edit: It happens mostly when i use desktop launchers to run these applications.
Last edited by balexios on 2010-07-19 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

Bulkley

Re: gksu and su problem

#2 Post by Bulkley »

Have you kept up with your upgrades? I wonder if you have a mis-match somewhere. Gksu and su cause me no problems.

balexios

#3 Post by balexios »

Yes . I have made all the updates upgrades.
I don't have problem when i use them via terminal. But sometimes when i use their desktop launchers.
A semi-solution i find is using gksudo instead of gksu in launcher commands. It seems my problem is solved! A more scientific solution would be better :D :D

emariz

#4 Post by emariz »

I think that su-to-root -X is the correct way to launch an application with administrative privileges in X, because it picks the right wrapper.

If Gconf Editor is installed, you might want to check the key /apps/gksu/sudo-mode. One must enable it when the administrator's password isn't set (like in Ubuntu).

Bulkley

#5 Post by Bulkley »

I use "gksu -g /usr/sbin/synaptic" in my Openbox menu.xml and it works well.

balexios

#6 Post by balexios »

emariz wrote:I think that su-to-root -X is the correct way to launch an application with administrative privileges in X, because it picks the right wrapper.

If Gconf Editor is installed, you might want to check the key /apps/gksu/sudo-mode. One must enable it when the administrator's password isn't set (like in Ubuntu).
emariz thanks you very much. My problem has just been fixed i enable this key and all things are fine.