Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

A PS/2 Mouse, adapter, and XWindows walked into a bar...

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Ryan

A PS/2 Mouse, adapter, and XWindows walked into a bar...

#1 Post by Ryan »

...and didn't work.

My problem is this:

I have a PS/2 Mouse (Logitech M-S69) that I am trying to get to work with my Debian 3.0r4 box (P2-266, old piece of crap). The motherboard is old to the point where there is no PS/2 adapter. There's only one serial port for a keyboard. I had to use an adapter into COM1 to hook up the mouse. I know the mouse works (tried it elsewhere). In xf86config, I set up the mouse correctly, I believe. This is the code from the XF86Config-4 file:

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "Microsoft"
Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
Option "ChordMiddle"

EndSection

I've tried /dev/psaux, /dev/ttyS1, /dev/ttyS2, /dev/mouse, pretty much everything. I also did some minor messing around with ClearDTS and ClearRTS (or whatever they're called). Any suggestions?

#2 Post by Guest »

Hi I had a similar problem with a ps/2 mouse on sarge..I could not configure the xserver until i uninstalled udev..
Don't ask my why, but it worked..Someone on another forum suggested it..
Goodluck,
jolphil