[SOLVED] Circle ibus input method problem

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

[SOLVED] Circle ibus input method problem

Postby shogun1234 » 2021-04-08 08:15

I install ibus and add a few input methods (there are 3 input methods including English, Japan, and Zhuyin). Also I configure to use ctrl + space to circle through the input methods as shown in the image. However, when pressing ctrl + space, only 2 of them will be used. For instance, the default is English. The first time pressing ctrl + space, the input method becomes Japanese. But pressing ctrl + space again, the input method returns to English, instead of next one - Zhuyin. Any configuration that also needs to be applied? Thanks

https://imgur.com/HPMaAGH
shogun1234

Re: [SOLVED] Circle ibus input method problem

Postby shogun1234 » 2021-04-08 13:44

shogun1234 wrote:I install ibus and add a few input methods (there are 3 input methods including English, Japan, and Zhuyin). Also I configure to use ctrl + space to circle through the input methods as shown in the image. However, when pressing ctrl + space, only 2 of them will be used. For instance, the default is English. The first time pressing ctrl + space, the input method becomes Japanese. But pressing ctrl + space again, the input method returns to English, instead of next one - Zhuyin. Any configuration that also needs to be applied? Thanks

https://imgur.com/HPMaAGH

OK. It looks like the main problem comes from accidentally switching to lightdm (originally it's configured with gdm3), causing the input method gcin working incorrectly. ibus working ok with lightdm, but after switching back to gdm3, pressing hot key (with ibus daemon running) doesn't circle through ibus' input method. So simply switching back to use gdm3 as display manager, instead of lightdm. For lightdm seems to cause my network frequently disconnect as well. Thought that's just my case so others may not encounter the issue as I have.
shogun1234

Return to Desktop & Multimedia