Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] 256 Color Gnome and TeamViewer

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
quicky2g

[SOLVED] 256 Color Gnome and TeamViewer

#1 Post by quicky2g »

I have a headless endpoint I use for remote network diagnostics. Noticed when I'm using TeamViewer on quality setting "Optimize Speed", the color scheme is set to high, CPU idles at 35% and desktop looks like this:

When I change the quality to Custom and change the settings to 256 colors:

The CPU idles at 11% and desktop looks like this:

The TeamViewer setting doesn't stay after disconnect and reconnect. Is there a way to change the color scheme in Debian to 256 colors?
Last edited by quicky2g on 2013-05-01 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 256 Color Gnome and TeamViewer

#2 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

Put a section in xorg.conf with 'Default depth = 8' or such.
TBH I don't think it will make a difference, as I suspect TV will still be transmitting a nice High Colour rendering of your 256 colour desktop.

Also, you should grow a beard and use ssh like a proper admin ... :D
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...

quicky2g

Re: 256 Color Gnome and TeamViewer

#3 Post by quicky2g »

Ha I should get the beard going...

I have to deal with other yahoo's at work that like GUI's and silly Windows servers...ughhh...I like SSH better too :)

I tried the default depth and you were right. TeamViewer was still transmitting a high color rendering.

I had to force the TeamViewer Linux quality to custom with 256 colors, my PC TeamViewer quality to custom with 256 colors, and all endpoints on my computers and contacts list to custom...looks like it's finally working.