Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

New Spotify Update - Issues On Wheezy

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
cryptid

New Spotify Update - Issues On Wheezy

#1 Post by cryptid »

Hi guys. I recently upgraded my Spotify to the latest (0.9.10) however now I'm running into an issue. When attempting to launch Spotify, I get the following errors:

Code: Select all

spotify: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by spotify)
spotify: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /opt/spotify/spotify-client/Data/libcef.so)
spotify: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /opt/spotify/spotify-client/Data/libcef.so)
After Googling this, I found many, many results that others were experiencing (with other applications) but no real solution to the problem. It appears that I simply need to update GLIBC. So after performing an entire system upgrade (though I didn't really want to) the problem still exists.

I'm not sure what all I can provide right now to help in assisting with this problem, however I did see someone in another thread request this information, so I'll post it here:

gcc --version output:

gcc (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Spotify Update - Issues On Wheezy

#2 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

Wheezy has 2.13 - an, no, you can't just upgrade it.

You need a different OS (or perhaps you could use the same trick as the ghostsquad "steam for wheezy" package).
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...

vicshrike

#3 Post by vicshrike »

The safest is probably to downgrade;

https://code.google.com/p/spotcommander ... adeSpotify

or use the Spotify web player;

https://play.spotify.com/browse

cchip

#4 Post by cchip »

I am running Spotify version 0.9.11.26.g995ec043 on Wheezy. I unpacked libc6 from Jessie to a subdir and edited spotify's executables to point there. Specifically:

1) install spotify-client package
2) download Jessie's libc6_2.19-4_amd64.deb and patchelf_0.8-2_amd64.deb from packages.debian.org
3) Run the following script (as root) like this:

install-spotify-libc.sh libc6_2.19-4_amd64.deb patchelf_0.8-2_amd64.deb

It unpacks Jessie's libc to /usr/local/bin/spotify-libc.

#!/bin/bash

LIBC_DIR=/usr/local/bin/spotify-libc

if [ $# != 2 ]; then
    echo "Usage: `basename $0` libc.deb patchelf.deb" >&2
    exit 1
fi

LIBC_DEB=$1
PATCHELF_DEB=$2
PATCHELF_DIR=`mktemp -d --tmpdir patchelf.XXXXXXXX`

LIBS="$LIBC_DIR/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"
LDSO="$LIBS/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2"
PATCHELF="$PATCHELF_DIR/usr/bin/patchelf"

mkdir -p "$LIBC_DIR"
dpkg -x "$LIBC_DEB" "$LIBC_DIR"
dpkg -x "$PATCHELF_DEB" "$PATCHELF_DIR"

"$LDSO" --library-path "$LIBS" "$PATCHELF" --set-interpreter "$LDSO" /opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify
"$LDSO" --library-path "$LIBS" "$PATCHELF" --set-interpreter "$LDSO" /opt/spotify/spotify-client/Data/SpotifyHelper

"$LDSO" --library-path "$LIBS" "$PATCHELF" --set-rpath "\$ORIGIN:\$ORIGIN/Data:$LIBS" /opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify
"$LDSO" --library-path "$LIBS" "$PATCHELF" --set-rpath "\$ORIGIN:$LIBS" /opt/spotify/spotify-client/Data/SpotifyHelper

"$LDSO" --library-path "$LIBS" "$PATCHELF" --set-rpath "$LIBS" /opt/spotify/spotify-client/Data/libcef.so
"$LDSO" --library-path "$LIBS" "$PATCHELF" --set-rpath "$LIBS" /opt/spotify/spotify-client/Data/libffmpegsumo.so

rm -rf "$PATCHELF_DIR"