Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

System freeze after long time inactivity.

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
croonx

System freeze after long time inactivity.

#1 Post by croonx »

Hello.

I made a fresh installation of Debian.

Code: Select all

[VOSTRO200@root]#uname --all
Linux VOSTRO200 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.65-1+deb7u1 x86_64 GNU/Linux
I changed to the kde desktop environment.
I logged in as a normal user, and left the computer running for a few hours.
when I came back the screen was turned off and the system does not respond to mouse movement, pressing the keyboard, or any combination thereof.
I tried

Ctr+Alt+F1, 
CapsLock
First time i touched keyboard the led of numlock turned off, and never back.
Blanking the screen itself does not cause a system crash, this occurs after several hours of inactivity.
.xsession-errors

/etc/gdm3/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
localuser:bartek being added to access control list
openConnection: connect: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
cannot connect to brltty at :0
Failed to connect to the VirtualBox kernel service
gnome-keyring-daemon: insufficient process capabilities, unsecure memory might get used
gnome-keyring-daemon: insufficient process capabilities, unsecure memory might get used
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/home/bartek/.cache/keyring-YxS8mh
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/home/bartek/.cache/keyring-YxS8mh/gpg:0:1
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/home/bartek/.cache/keyring-YxS8mh/gpg:0:1
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/home/bartek/.cache/keyring-YxS8mh/ssh
Initializing tracker-store...
Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/bartek/.config/tracker/tracker-store.cfg'
vmware-user: could not open /proc/fs/vmblock/dev
Initializing tracker-miner-fs...
Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/bartek/.config/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.cfg'
Initializing nautilus-gdu extension
Starting log:
  File:'/home/bartek/.local/share/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.log'
Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/bartek/.config/tracker/tracker-store.cfg'
Starting log:
  File:'/home/bartek/.local/share/tracker/tracker-store.log'

** (nautilus:3764): WARNING **: Can not determine workarea, guessing at layout
** Message: Stopping applet secret agent because GNOME Shell appeared
failed to create drawable
Ostrzeżenie menedżera okien: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0x1a00001 already in stack
Ostrzeżenie menedżera okien: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0x1a00001 already in stack
Ostrzeżenie menedżera okien: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus window may not be correct.
Ostrzeżenie menedżera okien: Got a request to focus 0x1c00004 (Pulpit) with a timestamp of 0.  This shouldn't happen!

(opera:3846): Gtk-WARNING **: Nie można odnaleźć modułu obsługującego motyw w module_path: "pixmap",
/usr/lib/opera/opera_autoupdatechecker: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gnome-settings-daemon:3692): PackageKit-WARNING **: couldn't parse execption 'GDBus.Error:org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._pk_5ftransaction_5ferror.Code4: GetDistroUpgrades not supported by backend', please report

(gnome-settings-daemon:3692): updates-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get upgrades: GDBus.Error:org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._pk_5ftransaction_5ferror.Code4: GetDistroUpgrades not supported by backend

(gnome-shell:3724): Clutter-WARNING **: The meta of type 'StScrollViewFade' with name 'fade' is not attached to the actor 'notification-scrollview'
Ostrzeżenie menedżera okien: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus window may not be correct.
Ostrzeżenie menedżera okien: Got a request to focus 0x1c00004 (Pulpit) with a timestamp of 0.  This shouldn't happen!
Ostrzeżenie menedżera okien: Log level 8: _shell_embedded_window_unrealize: assertion `SHELL_IS_EMBEDDED_WINDOW (window)' failed

(gnome-settings-daemon:3692): PackageKit-WARNING **: couldn't parse execption 'GDBus.Error:org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._pk_5ftransaction_5ferror.Code4: GetDistroUpgrades not supported by backend', please report

(gnome-settings-daemon:3692): updates-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get upgrades: GDBus.Error:org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._pk_5ftransaction_5ferror.Code4: GetDistroUpgrades not supported by backend

(gnome-settings-daemon:3692): updates-plugin-WARNING **: failed to refresh the cache: E: Error cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 7 _Wheezy_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20131013-23:23] wheezy/main i386 Packages
  Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
several identical or very similar lines repeated many times (100-1000) then

gnome-settings-daemon:3692): updates-plugin-WARNING **: failed to refresh the cache: E: Error cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 7 _Wheezy_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20131013-23:23] wheezy/main i386 Packages
  Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs

(gnome-shell-calendar-server:3812): Gdk-WARNING **: gnome-shell-calendar-server: Fatal IO error 11 (Zasoby chwilowo niedostępne) on X server :0.

(gnome-settings-daemon:3692): Gdk-WARNING **: gnome-settings-daemon: Fatal IO error 11 (Zasoby chwilowo niedostępne) on X server :0.

** Message: Got disconnected from the session message bus; retrying to reconnect every 10 seconds

(nm-applet:3769): GConf-WARNING **: Got Disconnected from DBus.

(evolution-alarm-notify:3747): GConf-WARNING **: Got Disconnected from DBus.

g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.
x-session-manager[3615]: Gdk-WARNING: x-session-manager: Fatal IO error 11 (Zasoby chwilowo niedostępne) on X server :0.

(nautilus:3764): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: Owner :1.11 of volume monitor org.gtk.Private.GduVolumeMonitor disconnected from the bus; removing drives/volumes/mounts

(nautilus:3764): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: Owner :1.12 of volume monitor org.gtk.Private.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor disconnected from the bus; removing drives/volumes/mounts

(nautilus:3764): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: Owner :1.13 of volume monitor org.gtk.Private.AfcVolumeMonitor disconnected from the bus; removing drives/volumes/mounts
g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.

Received signal:15->'Zakończony'g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.

Received signal:15->'Zakończony'
Ostrzeżenie menedżera okien: Log level 16: gnome-shell: Fatal IO error 11 (Zasoby chwilowo niedostępne) on X server :0.

(gdu-notification-daemon:3770): Gdk-WARNING **: gdu-notification-daemon: Fatal IO error 11 (Zasoby chwilowo niedostępne) on X server :0.

OK

(tracker-miner-fs:3751): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: Owner :1.11 of volume monitor org.gtk.Private.GduVolumeMonitor disconnected from the bus; removing drives/volumes/mounts

(tracker-miner-fs:3751): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: Error while sending AddMatch() message: Połączenie jest zamknięte

(tracker-miner-fs:3751): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: Error while sending AddMatch() message: Połączenie jest zamknięte

OK
please help me and excuse my english.

croonx

Re: System freeze after long time inactivity.

#2 Post by croonx »

Please help me. I need system to develop. I can't do anything seriously.

Head_on_a_Stick

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

I can't read the (Polish?) error messages but it looks like it might be due to faulty memory chips.

Load up a live distribution and run a memcheck (I think all of them have this).
deadbang

pendrachken

#4 Post by pendrachken »

Are you sure you are running KDE? All of the errors listed are from GNOME libraries and DBUS... KDE uses KWin / PLASMA. Try launching KDE from the KDM greeter:
from a root command line:

apt-get install kdm
Apt should then ask you which greeter should be used by default: GDM / KDM, select KDM.

Also, from your error log it looks like you might be running in a virtual machine, make sure the guest utilities are installed on the operating system installed INSIDE the virtual machine, that seems to be the very first error in your xsession logs:

Debian has the guest utilities, use apt to search for them:

apt-cache search virtualbox
install the guest stuff with apt-get install whatever the guest utilities package names are from the search command.
fortune -o
Your love life will be... interesting.
:twisted: How did it know?

The U.S. uses the metric system too, we have tenths, hundredths and thousandths of inches :-P