Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Custom precision of clock on Gnome

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
holoduck

Custom precision of clock on Gnome

#1 Post by holoduck »

Hi all,
I remember that 10 years ago or so, I used to have on a Debian desktop a clock which displayed the time on a custom level of approximation, e.g. quarter to five for 04:47 or even "morning/late evening/etc". I can't remember if it was a customization of the default clock or a separate program. I didn't have luck searching on the internet.
Does anybody knows if it possible to get something similar with Gnome on Jessie?
Thanks for the help!

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Custom precision of clock on Gnome

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang

holoduck

Re: Custom precision of clock on Gnome

#3 Post by holoduck »

Hey thanks!
I couldn't find such extension even typing its actual name in the extension website's search.
Unfortunately, the extension won't install (it asks if I want to download it and then it fails without showing any message, the problem does not occur with other extensions). Maybe it is not compatible with Jessie's Gnome (I see from its metadata.json at source repository: "shell-version": ["3.4", "3.6"] in fact).

Anyway, thanks again for the quick reply!