Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

xrdp minimal X and start app at boot?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
PatM

xrdp minimal X and start app at boot?

#1 Post by PatM »

I'm running debian 8.3 (kernel 4.1) on a BeagleBone black and writing a program with C# (vs2015) along with mono on the beagle. So far everything is working out great. What I'm trying to figure out now is how to make this setup run like a kiosk with it booting into my program with a graphical environment but with no actual desktop (just a blank screen). There will be an LCD showing the program but at the same time I want the program available through a remote connection.

I've got the blank desktop working via VNC but I think I should change to xrdp (the target users all have windows with remote desktop connection installed by default but none have any idea what vnc is or have the permissions to install a vnc client).

Anyway, I think getting xrdp started with my program at boot will be pretty simple (famous last words?). I simply start the xrdp instance in rc.local then use the session script to start my program.

What I cant wrap my head around is not having two copies of my program running - one showing on the LCD using HDMI and the other running on a second desktop through xrdp...

How would I go about sharing the same program/display on both the LCD and remote connection?