Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

*The Intel Experience* - mythth slow just like the rest

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Jason_25

*The Intel Experience* - mythth slow just like the rest

#1 Post by Jason_25 »

Cue the Intel noise - dee doo dah doo. The mighty Intel Core i5 is struggling again. This time it's on live mythtv playback.

The built-in test videos in the setup wizard play perfectly. Live TV looks horrible compared to my junky old Tivo and jerks and stutters. CPU usage is below 100% and disk usage is between 1.5-2MB per second on a Samsung SSD. Even turning on VAAPI in the playback profiles did not help much. I am using one of those expensive super tuner hd homerun things that everyone raves about. CPU usage is lower but the jerkiness and artifacts remain.

I guess it's a given that with one of these computers you have to be prepared to register for the forums of all the software you are using and to troubleshoot performance with every demanding application. Is there anything this POS "Ultrabook" can do right?

1. Can't do HD video recording/playback
2. Can't do Bluray playback
3. Can't do HD streaming

I guess I need the dorky guy from the Intel commercials to fix this one.

edit:
This computer is going to have to be replaced now also. Ultimately the trouble here is the same as the trouble with most of the bluray discs. There is some bugginess with the sound drivers that causes jerkiness, stutters and slowdowns even when the CPU is not busy. I could use a USB sound device but the USB ports are already pretty overloaded.