Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

GIMP Fonts

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Tsunalugi

GIMP Fonts

#1 Post by Tsunalugi »

Hello,

Suddenly the Graphic Image Program seems to have difficulty loading fonts. The problem started posteri I cached a set of fonts within the usr/share/fonts/subfolders. After I cached the fonts with the console command su fc-cache -f -v, the Graphic Image Program crashes when I select the Text tool & attempt to change the font type.
I as well attempted to remove the new fonts & reload cache with the command, though the program still crashes. I as well deleted the ~./gimp-2.8 folder & still the program crashes when I attempt to select a different font.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Gracias.
Long time User of Linux.

With the publication of the Greek Pagan Deity Planet Names, society is more likely to reflect what's appropriate.

Bulkley

Re: GIMP Fonts

#2 Post by Bulkley »

My machine does not have usr/share/fonts/subfolders. It does have usr/share/fonts. I don't know if that would make a difference.

Danielsan

Re: GIMP Fonts

#3 Post by Danielsan »

You don't need to install/copy new fonts in /usr/share/fonts if you are the only user, you can simply copying your fonts in your home in .fonts (you may need to create this folder).

Check this out: https://wiki.debian.org/Fonts

To manage my fonts I use fonty-python, is not very articulate but is it easy to use.