Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] kdepim broken with recent jessie update

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
MH

[SOLVED] kdepim broken with recent jessie update

#1 Post by MH »

I did a routine update of my Jessie system per notification a few days ago. Now none of the kdepim packages will load. For example, I get the following error when attempting to load korganizer:

akonadi control process not registered at D-Bus

Running "akonadictl status" gives me a similar error. I did not pay any attention to the few files that were updated, but I suspect mysql was involved. I can provide more info if needed, but I would expect this is a major problem that has been noticed by anyone using kde.
Last edited by MH on 2016-11-13 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
DOS > Windows > Corel > RH > Libranet > Xandros > SuSE > Debian:KDE

"It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere." --Voltaire

MH

Re: kdepim broken with recent jessie update

#3 Post by MH »

That was a good find, but the solution offered did not work.

MH

Re: kdepim broken with recent jessie update

#4 Post by MH »

My bad. I made a typo when creating /var/lib/mysql-files directory per suggested solution. All my kde-pim applications are now functional. Unfortunately, it seems all my calendar data has been lost. I can only find one .ics file and I'm sure I had others, though I only ever used one. It's strange because I thought alarms and notes were stored in the calendar file, and both the latter exist. Since I didn't delete anything, the original calendar file must be somewhere, unless it was overwritten during the package update.