Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Change GDM3 background

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
rmasoumvand

Change GDM3 background

#1 Post by rmasoumvand »

Hi,
does anybody know how i can change GDM3 (v3.14) login screen background in Debian Jessie.
i have googled and found several tutorial but none of them work on my box and after configuring my gdm fails to start.

thanks a lot

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Change GDM3 background

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

rmasoumvand wrote:i have googled and found several tutorial but none of them work on my box and after configuring my gdm fails to start.
You should share the *exact* methods that you have tried, along with any error messages and the contents of any relevant log files.

This will let us spot any mistakes that you may have made and will stop us from suggesting things that are known not to work for you.
deadbang

evandenbroecke

Re: Change GDM3 background

#3 Post by evandenbroecke »

Have to say... I dabbed a bit in this area the last few weeks and I had the same results! Tried changing my gdm shell theme and background picture and the gdm server failed to start afterwards, my solution to fix this problem was I had to do a fresh re-install (thank the pot gods for backups!). Since then I havent tried, fearing I might be back at square one again! I used the "gdm configurator" program i found on the internet, but thats about it.
Todd Vandenbroecke
evandenbroecke[at]gmail.com