Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

theme without desktop wallpaper?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
johny

theme without desktop wallpaper?

#1 Post by johny »

From "Themes" application, I selected "Void" and applied it to my Debian Jessie system.

Most of it is good, but it looks like it doesn't come with a desktop wallpaper?

Here is the theme:

Yet, the desktop wallpaper doesn't get changed:

The wallpaper is still the same as what is in the default cinnamon theme.

Anything I missed?
Last edited by johny on 2017-01-08 19:23, edited 2 times in total.

dasein

Re: theme without desktop wallpaper?

#2 Post by dasein »

johny wrote:Anything I missed?
Yeah. This recent thread.

Plus, changing a theme and changing a wallpaper are two totally separate operations, which makes perfect sense of you think about it; otherwise, you'd be limited to exactly one wallpaper per theme. So maybe spend 10 seconds at Google searching for something blindingly obvious like "change wallpaper <your DE here>"

eor2004

#3 Post by eor2004 »

johny wrote:From "Themes" application, I selected "Void" and applied it to my Debian Jessie system.

Most of it is good, but it looks like it doesn't come with a desktop wallpaper?

The wallpaper is still the same as what is in the default cinnamon theme.

Anything I missed?
Hi, @ OP: My DE is Cinnamon 3.0.4 and AFAIK the Theme doesn't change the Wallpaper automatically, you have to do it manually, sorry if this is what you didn't wanted to hear, good luck!
Debian 12 Gnome on a MSI H61M-P25 (B3) PC & on a Dell Latitude E6410 & HP EliteBook 8540p Laptops.
LMDE 6 on a Panasonic ToughBook CF-C1 Laptop.
Bodhi Linux 7 on a HP Compaq DC5750 Small Form Factor PC.
Windows 11 on a Intel DH55TC PC.

johny

#4 Post by johny »

dasein wrote: Yeah. This recent thread.

Plus, changing a theme and changing a wallpaper are two totally separate operations, which makes perfect sense of you think about it; otherwise, you'd be limited to exactly one wallpaper per theme. So maybe spend 10 seconds at Google searching for something blindingly obvious like "change wallpaper <your DE here>"
Thanks for the reminding, dasein. I'll pay attention not to paste the full URL of the uploaded picture into the post in the future. Will try to modify the original post to use the thumbnails.

johny

#5 Post by johny »

eor2004 wrote: Hi, @OP: My DE is Cinnamon 3.0.4 and AFAIK the Theme doesn't change the Wallpaper automatically, you have to do it manually, sorry if this is what you didn't wanted to hear, good luck!
Good to get your confirmation, @eor2004. I have found a good picture from DeviantArt, and set it to my wallpaper now. Still, I am wondering if I could make the same change to the lock screen background picture. Haven't figured out how to change it, yet.