Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Secondary Menu - GNOME DEBIAN 8

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Loro_Mendes

Secondary Menu - GNOME DEBIAN 8

#1 Post by Loro_Mendes »

Dear All,

I recently installed Debian 8 on my desktop with the Gnome and I noticed that if I use the Firefox for long time, such as one or two hours, out of no where the secondary menu does not show anymore. It shows a black menu where I can not visualize the options.

The secondary menu that I mean, is for instance, the suggestions on the address bar of the Firefox while I write it. Also, on this moment, if I open any application, such as libre office writer, it open but it is black.

If I restart the section with an Alt+F2 and r it gets "Oh no! Something has gone wrong." and "A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please log out and try again."

I can't find something related on the web, have anyone saw something similar?

All the best,

pylkko

Re: Secondary Menu - GNOME DEBIAN 8

#2 Post by pylkko »

no. can you post a screen shot?have you installed any extensions from gnome web site?

Loro_Mendes

#3 Post by Loro_Mendes »

Dear Friend,

Sorry for my delay in answering your post I had serious issues here

Here are two screen shots. This first is the msg that I got

This second is the black menu that I refer.

As you can see it is totally black. I don't know if is my computer but as it is an old one (back to 2008) I thought it may not be the video the problem...

And I didn't install any extensions from gnome web site.

Any clues?

All the best

Loro_Mendes

#4 Post by Loro_Mendes »

Dear all,

After a black screen got it I moved to another tty and I got this from the dmesg command:

Code: Select all

[ 4070.494346] perf interrupt took too long (2504 > 2500), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 50000
What does it really means? Small swap size? Video related?