Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HDMI black screen problem on notebook

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
sjsj

HDMI black screen problem on notebook

#1 Post by sjsj »

Hello,

Sorry, I speak a little English.

My notebook is: ASUS X553MA-BING-SX455B

Code: Select all

lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series SoC Transaction Register (rev 0e)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display (rev 0e)
00:13.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Device 0f23 (rev 0e)
00:1a.0 Encryption controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Trusted Execution Engine (rev 0e)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series High Definition Audio Controller (rev 0e)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 0f48 (rev 0e)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 0f4a (rev 0e)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 0f4e (rev 0e)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series USB EHCI (rev 0e)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Power Control Unit (rev 0e)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Device 0f12 (rev 0e)
02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
03:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5286 (rev 01)
03:00.2 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 06)
xserver-xorg-video-intel

Code: Select all

apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
xserver-xorg-video-intel is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
My TV is: SAMSUNG LE26A330J1 XXC

All time connected the HDMI cable to the TV. If I connected to the cable the notebook, the notebook screen is black and the TV I see the background, only the background. If I press FN+F8, the screen is choose than mirrored (tükrözött) and other options. And the FN+F7 press the notebook screen is view or black screen.

ASUS notebook:

SAMSUNG television:

TV/Notebook:

1. I would like if I connected the HDMI cable to notebook, is default options mirrored (tükrözött) and not need press FN+F8 key combination.
  2. And big problem is: If I turn off the HDMI cable from the notebook, the notebook screen is black and I press FN+F8 and FN+F7 not solving my problem. The black screen is black screen too.
Please help me. Thanks!

GarryRicketson

Re: HDMI black screen problem on notebook

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

Please learn to thumbnail images

Besides being so big, that most of the image is not there, what ever language
they are in, is like martian to me,....and being screen shots, I can not even copy/paste
the text into a translator.,... In other words , those images are totally use less,
Also, did you even try browseing the forum ?, there are many threads on this
very same topic, and they solved the problem .