Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bluetooth headphones

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
jmiller634

Bluetooth headphones

#1 Post by jmiller634 »

Hi, I am a bit of a noob to Linux. I do know how to do simple task in terminal, but not much else. I am learning though :). I have been trying to connect my plantronics backbeat go2 via bluetooth to my pc. It successfully pairs and connects, but then after about 10 seconds it disconnects. I have been googling all night, and searched this forum prior to this post, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I know the earbuds work because it functions perfectly with my android phone.

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bluetooth headphones

#2 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

'dmesg' will show the kernel output when you connect them and might give some clue why it's disconnecting, or at least something to search with.
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...

csystem

Re: Bluetooth headphones

#3 Post by csystem »

I have used the Backbeat Go1 for a while using a thinkpad with KDE, bluedevil and pulseaudio.

It sounds like you have paired successfully, but you are not connecting to the bluetooth audio service properly.

First you can check if you have the pulseaudio bluetooth module loaded: $pacmd list-modules | grep bluetooth
If its not, install it, $sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
and try to load it $pactl load-module module-bluetooth
Now try to connect again.
You can easily select which program should output their audio to the headset using pavucontrol. If you don't have it yet, you should install it: $sudo apt-get install pavucontrol

If this doesn't work, I need more info:
What are you using to connect? A graphical program or the command line?
If you are using a graphical frontend, which desktop environment are you using(GNOME, KDE, LXDE, XFCE, UNITY,)
For the 10 seconds that you are connected, can you select it as a audio sink?