Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Dejavu Sans Condensed not working correctly

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
ljones0

Dejavu Sans Condensed not working correctly

#1 Post by ljones0 »

Hello!

I am having a problem on my debian stretch install here. I'm running debian stretch kernel version 4.9.0.1-amd64. The version of kde is the latest one and I have already performed an apt-get update/upgrade/dist-upgrade. Though I am noticing a problem with one font in particular - namely "DejaVu Sans Condensed". It dosen't seem to want to show up correctly in KDE!

So far I've tried using this font on --

- An older install of stretch that was updated with apt-get.
- A fresh install of stretch.

I get exactly the same problem on both.

For example I can set kde to use in system settings/fonts, General, Small, Toolbar, Menu and Window title ----> DejaVu Sans Condensed

But yet although the system settings lets me change the font the rest of kde dosen't seem to want to oblige! Worse still if I try to use a program such as qt4-qtconfig, it gets the font even more wrong!

You can see an example screengrab here

In the screengrab;

- KDE's font system settings are set to dejavu sans condensed
- Dolphin (icecat directory) seems to be using some other font(!)
- The GIMP (gtk based) gets the font correct!
- Qt4-qtconfig seems to get it more wrong. It is saying I'm using "caladea bold" (?)

I've tried the dejavu condensed fonts on an older system updated via apt-get and on a fresh install. I've tried logging in/out, deleting all the config files for kde in $HOME on my system; I even tried an older version of dejavu but it does not work at all.

In the end I've ended up using what must be the predecessor to the dejavu fonts - toga. They aren't quite as 'clean' as dejavu, but they do at least work.

Anyone know what could be going on at all?

ljones