Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Virtualbox not sharing bidirectional clipboard

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Joel

Virtualbox not sharing bidirectional clipboard

#1 Post by Joel »

I have Debian jessie updated as host with Archlinux as guest. I follow instructions from both distros to have a working guest-client communication. I managed to get working the shared folder, but can't get to working the clipboard. The only thing that works is from guest to client, not client to guest...any ideas? Are the versions an issue for this?
* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-32b w/ xfce4.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: ArchLinux-64b w/ xfce4.

No_windows

Re: Virtualbox not sharing bidirectional clipboard

#2 Post by No_windows »

Weird, shared folder is what I have issues with. Clipboard sharing usually just works for me. I think I do have one guest that won't share it, but I haven't tried fixing it yet. I'll be interested in the responses that you get.

Joel

Re: Virtualbox not sharing bidirectional clipboard

#3 Post by Joel »

I get working the shared folders by installing virtualbox-guest-modules-arch. Using the package got the shared folders and the proper video driver (audio not tested)
* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-32b w/ xfce4.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: ArchLinux-64b w/ xfce4.