[SOLVED] download problem

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

[SOLVED] download problem

Postby rudra » 2017-02-19 14:09

My 6 years old Dell Vostro 1014 laptop with Debian 8.7.1 Mate DE is behaving strangely after downloading. Downloading even from /home/user the downloaded file/directory is appearing on the Desktop over and above appearing on /home/user. When I am moving the file from the Desktop to Trash, the file on /home/user also moves to Trash. So in order to keep it the Desktop becomes crowded. I may mention that this machine has also developed another disease. While booting, the message appears that there is an error in /home file on /sda7 and I have to type Ctrl+D for booting to be successful. I have already reported this to the Installation section and awaiting an answer. I wonder whether they are manifestations of the same malaise.
Last edited by rudra on 2017-03-17 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
rudra

Re: download problem

Postby rudra » 2017-02-20 10:57

At the advice of arochester i visited https://linuxexpresso.wordpress.com/201 ... in-ubuntu/ and after following the commands advised here from a live usb flashdrive the original disease of Ctrl+D has been fixed; after that this downloading problem has also disappeared.
rudra

Return to Desktop & Multimedia