Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

disabling/removing firefox hello

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
child

disabling/removing firefox hello

#1 Post by child »

I recently switched back to debian, using Firefox esr 45.8.0 on it. I'm trying to get it to run in multiprocess mode, as it is much faster for me with some sites. However, the Firefox Hello beta prevents that, as the compatibility reporter shows. How do i remove Firefox Hello?

child

Re: disabling/removing firefox hello

#3 Post by child »

I'm afraid it isn't in this case. Those articles are of no help to me, as firefox hello still shows up and is quite happy to turn multiprocessing off for me. I see no way of removing or disabling it, the entries in about:tab don't work, the Disable Hello, Pocket & Reader+ extension still doesn't get rid of it in a way that would unlock multiprocess for me. All my other extensions are either multiprocess compatible or have been turned off. I'm sorry i haven't been able to give more detailed information but I'm not familiar with the way the addon system works, or with hello.

dasein

#4 Post by dasein »

Your question has noting at all to do with Debian. Maybe ask here: https://support.mozilla.org/

stevepusser

#5 Post by stevepusser »

child wrote:I'm afraid it isn't in this case. Those articles are of no help to me, as firefox hello still shows up and is quite happy to turn multiprocessing off for me. I see no way of removing or disabling it, the entries in about:tab don't work, the Disable Hello, Pocket & Reader+ extension still doesn't get rid of it in a way that would unlock multiprocess for me. All my other extensions are either multiprocess compatible or have been turned off. I'm sorry i haven't been able to give more detailed information but I'm not familiar with the way the addon system works, or with hello.
You will then have to be explicit as to what you tried to do to disable it if you want any more help. Or use a newer version of Firefox that doesn't have it any longer, such as 52-esr.
MX Linux packager and developer

debiman

#6 Post by debiman »

child wrote:the entries in about:tab don't work
surely you meant

Code: Select all

about:config
???