Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Unicode Characters in Persian keyboard

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
khodayard

Unicode Characters in Persian keyboard

#1 Post by khodayard »

Dear users,

I'm new to this forum but it's several years that I'm a linux users and with debian I've had this problem from the first day.
When I change keyboard to Persian numbers are typed like this:
These are farsi numbers but they seem to have some other character key or something which makes them impossible for math works, you can not add them up, multiply them and so on, specially on Google Sheets which we use a lot, I need standard numbers like the ones in other keyboards (like even Arabic keyboard):

Thanks for help,
Khodayar

khodayard

Re: Unicode Characters in Persian keyboard

#3 Post by khodayard »

Thank you for you answer but this is simply a how-to for adding multiple keyboards, I've already done that, my problem is with some character in Persian keyboard.

khodayard

#5 Post by khodayard »

:D
This is a very good thread but it's for converting them in a script or a batch of data and so on...
My problem is during typing... other keyboard put correct numbers like 123 but Persian keyboard put ۱۲۳ which is useless in maths.
Thank you for your kindness anyway :)

khodayard

#6 Post by khodayard »

Isn't it possible to add some more custom keyboards?