Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

icl/ical calendrier / korganizer integration

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
d33p

icl/ical calendrier / korganizer integration

#1 Post by d33p »

Hello there,

I would like to add icl/ical file in my KDE calendar, the calendar which is locate in "task bar"
I've already add icl/ical in Korganizer, I was thinking that it will appear in KDE calendar (I was thinking about some link between both)
But unfortunately not, nothing appears in my "task bar" calendar.

If someone have some idea, it would be nice.

thanks.

d33p
Science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'âme...
Science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul...
François Rabelais.
PS: Rabelais, excuse me for the translation! :P

dasein

Re: icl/ical calendrier / korganizer integration

#2 Post by dasein »

You didn't bother to say what version of Debian you're using, so no one can truly say for sure.

That said, a really simple Web search for something really, really obvious like kde calendar reveals that integration between KDE's PIM and the clock/calender widget is a relatively recent feature, available only in KDE 5.7 and later.

Next time, maybe do your own search before posting a question.

d33p

#3 Post by d33p »

Hello,

Sorry for this omission:
Debian 9 (Stretch)
4.9.0-2-amd64
KDE Plasma 5.8.6
I hope these info can help.

I come & post here with humility so I do not understand your aggressive reply...

I ask about some link between Korganizer & KDE calendar, I don't know PIM...
(and I ask for that because few month ago, when I've added ical in Korganizer, in Jessie, I've seen it in my "taskbar")

Personally when I know something I am happy to share... It seems it is not global people mind set...

d33p
François Rabelais.

dasein

#4 Post by dasein »

d33p wrote:I come & post here with humility so I do not understand your aggressive reply...
My reply simply suggested a search before a forum post. If you think that constiutes an "aggressive reply", then I don't think you've bothered to read this forum sticky: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=47078
d33p wrote:I ask about some link between Korganizer & KDE calendar, I don't know PIM...
PIM = KDE's Personal Information Manager features, of which KOrganizer is a part.
d33p wrote:...few month ago, when I've added ical in Korganizer, in Jessie, I've seen it in my "taskbar")
Which would be relevant ONLY if Stretch and Jessie ran identical versions of KDE--which they don't.
d33p wrote:Personally when I know something I am happy to share...
That doesn't mean you shouldn't search first. Otherwise, you're demanding that someone retype an existing answer just for you--which legitimately strikes many folks as rude.

d33p

#5 Post by d33p »

That doesn't mean you shouldn't search first. Otherwise, you're demanding that someone retype an existing answer just for you--which legitimately strikes many folks as rude.
Sorry but I search every time before post something... I do not find, it is why I post there... Your first idea is that I post before search... It is wrong, by this way, you mean I am a kind of lazy guy, you judge me before know me... it is not correct to do that. Maybe you cross all day long lazy guys but please avoid to judge before know...
And if you find a link which can help, for example, in my opinion, it would be nice to share it instead insinuate other person are lazy...

For the moment thing we do there is not constructive...

Anyway, with this kind of reaction, where people judge before know, I understand why the world turns like that...

For the next post you will take sentences I write step by step and deny it? Or we try something more constructive? As you wish...

d33p
François Rabelais.

Dai_trying

#6 Post by Dai_trying »

dasein wrote:Otherwise, you're demanding that someone retype an existing answer just for you--which legitimately strikes many folks as rude.
Let's be fair to newer users, they do not "demand" anything, they are asking a question to which they don't already know the answer, maybe you do and do not want to answer... If you think all users should just find their own answers then there's not really much point in this forum!
I do however understand your frustration in users not searching better before posting here but it is the way society is nowadays where everyone wants answers immediately and are not prepared to do "thorough research" when somebody with knowledge might be able to answer the question in a heartbeat (metaphorically).
But a rude/sarcastic/aggressive response is more likely to offend as much as you are offended by the poster's lack of research into the problem first.
I have read many posts where you give very good help to people (even after some scathing first comments) and you are obviously very knowledgable in Linux and Debian but I can also understand why there are more than a few (ex)users who find some of your comments very rude/sarcastic/aggressive, especially those new to Debain or Linux who haven't really got a clue and could be put off by them.
I'm not trying to be antagonistic and your loyalty to those that do their homework is admirable and the fact you give your time for free to help others is equally so, but I do think some of your comments to new and unlearned users can be at the very least offensive (to them).
I don't imagine anything will change the way you post and it is probably borne from the countless times you read the same type of post, but you are not compelled to answer, and some of your responses have been pretty long where the solution could have been made in 1 or 2 sentences/lines of code, making web searches for the problem easier (newer posts usually appear first).
I've probably said more than I should have already, but ....

d33p

#7 Post by d33p »

but it is the way society is nowadays where everyone wants answers immediately and are not prepared to do "thorough research"
Sorry but I do not set SLA in my post :D :wink:
By my side, in work/job or/and in life generally, for example, if someone need help, I share my skills or/and knowledge with pleasure instead say to everyone "go to google".
Every person has his life, personally I have family now, with children, and sorry but now I cannot stay during hours to read documentation as in the past, I try some search, and if I don't find or do not understand, I try forum, it is not because I am lazy...
So sometime I post on forum just in case of someone can or would like to help me, if it is possible, good, if not, I will find a way, it will be longer... but never mind, it happens...

d33p
François Rabelais.

dasein

#8 Post by dasein »

d33p wrote:I cannot stay during hours to read documentation as in the past, I try some search, and if I don't find or do not understand, I try forum...
Oh, I see. Your time is too valuable to be spent reading documentation, or searching, or learning what you need to learn to solve your problem.

Thank you so much for proving my point.

And for all your high-minded talk about how willing you are to help others, your posting history shows that you have answered precisely zero questions in the 18 months since you signed up.

Obligatory time-saver link: http://forums.debian.net/ucp.php?i=zebr ... s&add=d33p

d33p

#9 Post by d33p »

Oh, I see. Your time is too valuable to be spent reading documentation, or searching, or learning what you need to learn to solve your problem.
It is your interpretation, you just want to trust yourself.. and it is why you cut the beginning of this sentence which explain I do not have only IT in my life since few years... it is easy to select only what we want.
I am a cool guy, humble, modest, I like to share... and my time is not " too valuable" as you said...
And for all your high-minded talk about how willing you are to help others, your posting history shows that you have answered precisely zero questions since you joined this community
I suppose you just check my inscription date, unfortunately, I try Linux few years ago, but without time, I let it, and I come back since maybe few month... I am new in this world, it is complicated to help without skills...
In two years I ask/write 5 post, waw!! huge scraper!!! -_- seriously... it come ridiculous...

And I will stop to justify myself to an unknown and aggressive guy.
So please, if it is to judge me, do not reply, forget me and this post.

thank you

d33p
François Rabelais.

d33p

#10 Post by d33p »

My goal is not to use akonadi-kde-resource-googledata, for example, which synchronize google & my PC. my goal is to use ics / ical file in local.
François Rabelais.

GarryRicketson

#11 Post by GarryRicketson »

Maybe this can help you :
From: https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/pim/korg ... -data.html
Procedure 3.1. Adding a New KOrganizer Resource

Open KOrganizer's settings dialog with Settings → Configure KOrganizer... and select the Calendars tab from the General page.

Alternatively open the context menu in the Calendar Manager sidebar with a right mouse button click and select Add Calendar...

If the Calendar Manager is not displayed on the sidebar, choose the Settings → Sidebar → Show Calendar Manager menu item to display it.

Press the Add... button to add new resources to the list of available resources.

Select the resource to enable it.

Later, if you want to edit or delete a resource, select it on the Calendar Manager sidebar and press Delete Calendar to delete it or Calendar Properties... to modify it.
Postby d33p » 2017-04-25 09:06
Hello there,
I would like to add icl/ical file in my KDE calendar, the calendar which is locate in "task bar"
I do not use KDE my self, so I do not know for sure, but I think what the OP
calls "task bar", is the same as what they are calling "side bar",..??
Any way it might be worth a try

d33p

#12 Post by d33p »

Maybe it is a misunderstanding, because I do not have "right" explain, maybe I don't use "right" word...
I already add ics/ical file in my Korganizer (it is an export from my google calendar)
Here, we see in the side bar "Anniv_calendar" & "Birthdays & Anniversaries" and in Korganizer, it works fine.

But thing I would like, it is to see these events here:
On the calendar you see when you left clic on "task bar clock"
(because in Jessie, when I do this action it work, but not there)

I hope it is more clear now.

many thanks for your help GarryRicketson

d33p
François Rabelais.

GarryRicketson

#13 Post by GarryRicketson »

Your Welcome,
When it is different languages, it does make it more confusing,
I am seeing that in the same document, but 2 or 3 chapters more, they go
into working with the events, and other data,..
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/pim/korg ... -data.html
Events

Events are future or past appointments, like business meetings, personal anniversaries and cinema visits. An event can also take several days, like holidays.

Entering a new event is very easy. Just choose the Actions → New Event... menu item. A window with five tabs at the bottom will appear.
Maybe also :
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/pim/korg ... ring-event

It might take a few days, but I am sure there are some members here
that are using KDE, and korganizer, they might be able to understand the
problem, and also know the solution better

d33p

#14 Post by d33p »

thank you Garry,
but events do not appear there:
maybe there is a bug, or maybe no more link between Korganizer and "date & time"

d33p
François Rabelais.