Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bugs in every single Linux distro

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
smoki

Re: Bugs in every single Linux distro

#16 Post by smoki »

Alkkem wrote:I've tried. I've already tried Debian, LinuxMint and Kali, and in every one of them I've got the same error:
Remove dconf maybe :lol:

furquan

Re: Bugs in every single Linux distro

#17 Post by furquan »

eor2004 wrote:
acewiza wrote:I've seen something similar on one of my laptops, not sure if it is the same or related issue. At some seemingly random point in time the graphical input device (either mouse or touchpad) continues moving normally, but stops commanding clicks for a brief period of maybe half a minute. Then it resumes normal behavior."
I have suffered a similar behavior with my system from time to time, the mouse stops responding or moving for like 10 or 15 seconds, surely it annoys me but it's not a showstopper either, anyway I wonder what could be the real cause for this behavior! :?
I've seen this behavior too on my current Debian system. But it does not just trigger spontaneously (it has no reason too -- I've a fairly generic machine with a traditional HDD and an Intel GPU) but this happens when I wake the system from hibernate (which was hibernated using sudo pm-hibernate); the mouse stops for about 15-20 seconds and nothing works. And suspend

Back on topic, the OP's problem is broad and cannot be assessed as it stands. If Windows works but Linux(es) don't then it's perhaps due to a malfunctioning piece of hardware. A brief review of the system is necessary for these kinds of problems.
The source code for the kernel, library, etc. should fit on one diskette. Sources for the GNU utilities will vary (and will be big). The sources to GNU emacs will take at least 3 disks. -- Theodore Ts'o, 1992 (distributing the first Linux disks)