Firejail and firefox for VirtualBank

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

Firejail and firefox for VirtualBank

Postby bester69 » 2017-05-19 05:06

Hi,
I wanted to know if what i did is correct; I created a clean firejail firefox-home, set sync settings-firefox and stored it in a tar file.

So my script looks like:
firesec.sh
Code: Select all
killall firejail
rm -rf ~/.firesec
tar -xvf ~/LINUXDEBS/NOBACKUP/firesec.tar
firejail --private=/home/myuser/.firesec --dns=8.8.8.8 --dns=8.8.4.4 firefox-esr -no-remote &

firesec.tar contain the fresh clean home-firejail created in first boot for firefox app, i just added sync parameter to enjoy historial and bookmarks in the clean home.

what do you think, is there any security hole in that? :roll:
bester69

Re: Firejail and firefox for VirtualBank

Postby debiman » 2017-05-19 05:22

bester69 wrote:what do you think, is there any security hole in that? :roll:

yes, the google nameservers.
debiman

Re: Firejail and firefox for VirtualBank

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2017-05-19 06:05

Also, the Linux kernel itself is vulnerable to a broad range of exploits thanks to the developers' refusal to prioritise security-related bugs until relatively recently.

So to presume that the same developers can then conjure up a "secure layer" is rather optimistic, in my opinion.

There have been many demonstrated vulnerabilities in the kernel namespace feature (used by firejail & co.), I think it would be folly to rely on it too much.

I can recommend OpenBSD for online banking use, their kernel has been designed with exploit prevention in mind for the last 20 years 8)

Always remember:
NSA wrote:Security is a state of mind.
"Are you quite sure that all those bells and whistles, all those wonderful facilities of your so called powerful programming languages, belong to the solution set rather than the problem set?" — Edsger W. Dijkstra
Head_on_a_Stick

Return to Desktop & Multimedia