Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

GDM3 not reading config files on stretch?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
meijuh

GDM3 not reading config files on stretch?

#1 Post by meijuh »

I have been using stretch now for a week. I believe that it seems GDM3 is not reading any config files I place in /var/lib/gdm3/.config.
In this directory I have placed a monitors.xml that specifies which monitor is primary. Furthermore I configured GDM3 not to capture a bluetooth ad2p sink (as described in the wiki: https://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser/a2dp).
Now it seems that still GDM3 captures the ad2p sink (because I can't get bluetooth to work), and the monitor I specified as primary in monitors.xml is not made primary. Hence I believe GDM3 is not reading any config files in /var/lib/gdm3/.config.
I checked the file permissions on the directories and files, which should be okay; both the user and group are Debian-gdm, and files have rw permissions, and directories rwx permissions.

I know for a fact that my bluetooth a2dp sink is working properly, because if I use lightdm there are no issues with bluetooth.

Any ideas if I am doing something wrong, or might there be a bug somewhere in GDM 3.22? Is there a major change between 3.22, and 3.14 (3.14 is the GDM version in Jessie) that could explain these two issues?

pylkko

Re: GDM3 not reading config files on stretch?

#2 Post by pylkko »

sounds like you could get answers to these questions with a bug report.

meijuh

Re: GDM3 not reading config files on stretch?

#3 Post by meijuh »

Yes thanks, I was considering to indeed make a bug report.
It is here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=863866