Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

stop Nautilus from opening mtp devices

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
morgon

stop Nautilus from opening mtp devices

#1 Post by morgon »

Hi,

I hope I post this in the proper sub-forum but I believe it is Gnome-Shell related.

What I want is to access my phone's filesystem via jmtpfs but every time I plug in my phone some component of Gnome-Shell (Nautilus or gvfs or whatever) already seems to mount it in some way so jmtps only reports an error. To use jmtpfs I need to click a "eject"-icon next to the device as it appears in Nautilus, then I can go on and mount the fs the way I want to via jmtpfs.

As this is getting tedious I would like to find a way to tell Gnome-Shell (or whatever subsystem is doing that) simply to leave connected mtp-capable devices alone.

How to I do that?

Many thanks.

phenest

Re: stop Nautilus from opening mtp devices

#2 Post by phenest »

Code: Select all

apt-get remove --purge libmtp9 libmtp-common
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

morgon

#3 Post by morgon »

It seems these package are needed my both calibre and jmtpfs, both I would like to keep.

Dai_trying

#4 Post by Dai_trying »

I haven't used Gnome in a long time, but I do recall an option to enable/disable auto-mounting of devices, sadly I cannot remember exactly where it was (and it is likely to have changed by now) but if you search in settings for auto-mount you should be able to find it. Or maybe this will jog someone elses memory and they will say exactly where to find the option.