Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

vim-gtk vs. vim-gtk3

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
erore

vim-gtk vs. vim-gtk3

#1 Post by erore »

In Jessie, I have gvim installed as vim-gtk and everything worked nicely. After upgrade to Stretch, launching gvim from Konsole gives a lot of errors (although it runs but the KOnsole is filled with reports from gvim). So I am wondering in Stretch (with KDE), is it correct to use vim-gtk or should I use vim-gtk3 to avoid receiving the errors?

The errors: When gvim is launched, I get twice:

Code: Select all

(gvim:14137): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
Then if I click anywhere in gvim, the Konsole is filled with

Code: Select all

** (gvim:14137): WARNING **: invalid source position for vertical gradient
These things did not use to happen on Jessie, I just launched gvim and then could further use the same Konsole instance without it being flooded by Warnings from gvim.

Thank you.

mogplus8

Re: vim-gtk vs. vim-gtk3

#2 Post by mogplus8 »

I have the same issue but with xoscope V2.0. It looks like it is working fine, and actually it is, but every time I click a menu item (other than Help, that seems to be okay) I get hundreds of error messages, all the same "** (xoscope:9701): WARNING **: invalid souirce position for vertical gradient" displayed in the console.
I'm using KDE Neon.
;-)

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: vim-gtk vs. vim-gtk3

#3 Post by None1975 »

erore wrote:After upgrade to Stretch, launching gvim from Konsole gives a lot of errors (although it runs but the KOnsole is filled with reports from gvim).
Do you have a gtk theme "Adwaita" installed?
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github