Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Firefox ESR 52 tearing tabs to new window

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Firefox ESR 52 tearing tabs to new window

#1 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

I updated Firefox ESR to version 52 with the release of Stretch last week. Now often when I click on a tab, Firefox opens a new window. This has happened a couple of dozen times already. I believe tab tearing has been a feature of Firefox for a long time, but this never happened with the old ESR. Something about clicking a tab and moving the mouse down seems to set it off, when it should be a click and drag action.

Anybody else having this issue with ESR 52?

Kryten

Re: Firefox ESR 52 tearing tabs to new window

#2 Post by Kryten »

Working fine for me on stretch 64bit /Firefox ESR 52.02.
Only get tab tearing when i click and drag.Click and move down has no effect.
Only thing i can suggest is try another mouse or something is borked in your install.

FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Firefox ESR 52 tearing tabs to new window

#3 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

Kryten wrote:Working fine for me on stretch 64bit /Firefox ESR 52.02.
Only get tab tearing when i click and drag.Click and move down has no effect.
Only thing i can suggest is try another mouse or something is borked in your install.
I tried another mouse, and that worked OK. Chrome works OK so I think it's Firefox specific. Doing a web search, various people have complained about the sensitivity of tab tearing right back to Firefox 3. It may be a hardware related issue- maybe it's because I'm using a low powered PC (for 2017) Celereon 1.6x2- I remember somebody else who complained about the issue (years ago) said maybe it was something to do with lag.

Oh well, thanks for responding.