Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Intel Nuc - loud speaker buzz from headphone audio out at sh

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
apcrcom

Intel Nuc - loud speaker buzz from headphone audio out at sh

#1 Post by apcrcom »

debian 9

Machine starts shutdown sequence

Very loud continuous buzz starts at this point and does not stop until powers off

Sound is through headphone jack to external speakers. Not a jack or speaker issue.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Lysander

Re: Intel Nuc - loud speaker buzz from headphone audio out a

#2 Post by Lysander »

More info is needed here.
apcrcom wrote:debian 9
Have you only had this issue in Debian 9? Did you run any other version of Debian where you had the same issue?
apcrcom wrote:Very loud continuous buzz starts at this point and does not stop until powers off
Until it powers off itself or until you forcibly shut it down [I know you have had the latter issue, I'm trying to gauge low long/how often you have been forcing shutdown]?
apcrcom wrote:Sound is through headphone jack to external speakers. Not a jack or speaker issue.
Why are you so sure it's not a jack or speaker issue?

Googling around there are multiple instances of similar situations which could point to an issue with the Alsa mixer drivers. Having not had the issue myself with Stretch, it would be good for some of the questions above to be answered.

And it's probably a good idea to keep your related queries in one thread, since this is also a shutdown-related issue.

apcrcom

#3 Post by apcrcom »

Have you only had this issue in Debian 9? Did you run any other version of Debian where you had the same issue?
I have not run another verion of D on it
Until it powers off itself or until you forcibly shut it down [I know you have had the latter issue, I'm trying to gauge low long/how often you have been forcing shutdown]?
From first boot it had this problem
Why are you so sure it's not a jack or speaker issue?
Because the work fine on other gear, and they work fine on the nuc. the only time the issue is apparent is on the nuc with debian at shutdown.

apcrcom

#4 Post by apcrcom »

(Bump)