How can I change the login wallpaper?

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

How can I change the login wallpaper?

Postby moctavianro » 2017-07-17 20:09

In Debian 8 i just used to copy a png over noise-texture. In debian 9 i tried to edit the gdm greeter file both in usr share and etc folder but nothing. Why guys you change those kind of stuff from a version to another?
moctavianro
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 2014-08-21 04:59

Re: How the hell i can change the login wallpaer?

Postby Bulkley » 2017-07-17 20:15

moctavianro wrote:Why guys you change those kind of stuff from a version to another?


It's is unlikely that anyone here had anything to do with that.
Bulkley
 
Posts: 5239
Joined: 2006-02-11 18:35

Re: How the hell i can change the login wallpaer?

Postby dasein » 2017-07-18 11:50

moctavianro wrote:Why guys you change those kind of stuff from a version to another?

In no particular order...

a) Bulkley's right; the change in question is almost certainly not Debian's doing, so complaining about it here is a waste of breath

b) Which of these several thousand answers from the last year alone have you already tried unsuccessfully? (Please be specific.) https://classic.startpage.com/do/search ... te=y&abp=1

c) If arbitrary, pointless change drives you crazy, then Linux is not the OS for you. Doubly so for arbitrary, pointless UI changes.
User avatar
dasein
 
Posts: 7771
Joined: 2011-03-04 01:06
Location: Terra Incantationum

Re: How the hell i can change the login wallpaer?

Postby Caitlin » 2017-07-18 16:09

Do you mean the background that GRUB shows you while waiting for you to make a boot selection? I can't see that as being important, as it just goes away in a few seconds.

Caitlin
Caitlin
 
Posts: 236
Joined: 2012-05-24 07:32

Re: How the hell i can change the login wallpaer?

Postby Lysander » 2017-07-18 17:32

Caitlin wrote:Do you mean the background that GRUB shows you while waiting for you to make a boot selection? I can't see that as being important, as it just goes away in a few seconds.

Caitlin


There is a whole category for GRUB themes on Gnome Look:

https://www.gnome-look.org/browse/cat/109/ord/top/
User avatar
Lysander
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 2017-02-23 10:07
Location: London

Re: How the hell i can change the login wallpaer?

Postby dasein » 2017-07-18 18:15

Lysander wrote:
Caitlin wrote:Do you mean the background that GRUB shows you while waiting for you to make a boot selection? I can't see that as being important, as it just goes away in a few seconds.

Caitlin


There is a whole category for GRUB themes on Gnome Look:

I don't visit gnome-look, but extrapolating from KDE, I feel confident that there's also probably a whole section for GDM themes, which is what the OP asked about.

(Here's hoping that the next time Caitlin posts one of her "questions," someone gives her the same "answer" she gave here, to wit, "Some question other than the one you asked is unimportant.")
User avatar
dasein
 
Posts: 7771
Joined: 2011-03-04 01:06
Location: Terra Incantationum

Re: How the hell i can change the login wallpaer?

Postby Lysander » 2017-07-18 18:43

dasein wrote:I don't visit gnome-look, but extrapolating from KDE, I feel confident that there's also probably a whole section for GDM themes, which is what the OP asked about.


Aha, got you. And indeed there is.
User avatar
Lysander
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 2017-02-23 10:07
Location: London

Re: How the hell i can change the login wallpaer?

Postby moctavianro » 2017-07-18 18:57

No, it s not about grub background, thats easy to change, it s still the same way. it s about the first screnn afetr Linux boots, the screen where the user enters credentials.
And guys, by the way, i choose what the f..g OS i want, k?
moctavianro
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 2014-08-21 04:59

Re: How the hell i can change the login wallpaer?

Postby dasein » 2017-07-18 19:45

moctavianro wrote:And guys, by the way, i choose what the f..g OS i want, k?

Just curious... were you born a complete ****, or did you have to work at it??

ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes&add=moctavianro
User avatar
dasein
 
Posts: 7771
Joined: 2011-03-04 01:06
Location: Terra Incantationum

Re: How the hell i can change the login wallpaer?

Postby Lysander » 2017-07-18 20:40

Unnecessary hostility from the OP, really. It's been an entertaining day on the forums.
User avatar
Lysander
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 2017-02-23 10:07
Location: London

Re: How the hell i can change the login wallpaer?

Postby moctavianro » 2017-07-22 06:33

dasein wrote:
moctavianro wrote:And guys, by the way, i choose what the f..g OS i want, k?

Just curious... were you born a complete ****, or did you have to work at it??

ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes&add=moctavianro

Is just a mood engaged by ******* people, u being one of them , if you know what i mean.
moctavianro
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 2014-08-21 04:59


Return to Desktop & Multimedia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

fashionable