Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Gnome Favourites Icon Vanishes After Reboot

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
broadsworde

Gnome Favourites Icon Vanishes After Reboot

#1 Post by broadsworde »

Is there a way of retaining icons in favourites for applications on external drives?

Debian 9.1, Gnome 3.22.2

I have downloaded the generic Firefox application to a USB drive (and removed firefox-esr), I created an appropriate firefox.desktop file in /usr/share/applications, and now when I search for firefox the system finds the application, and it will run as expected. However, having searched for it, I right-click the Firefox icon, and add it to Favourites, that works fine too, but after a reboot the Firefox icon in Favourites has vanished. So then I have to search again for firefox and add the icon back.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the application being on an external drive. Is there a way of retaining icons in favourites for applications on external drives?

Many thanks in anticipation.