Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Desktop freeze after suspend [solved]

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
horror vacui

Desktop freeze after suspend [solved]

#1 Post by horror vacui »

Hi Everyone!

I have the annoying issue that I can not suspend or hibernate my laptop, because the X server stops working (=no reaction from the system, except the currently active window. I can't even open a new terminal with my bindkey). Very often even the login screen is black, sometimes the login window is drawn, but often just the button/field where I navigate myself with the TAB key.

I have no idea how to solve, or even how to debug this issue further. There are plenty of issues for newer kernels, but I use Debian 9.1 with kernel 3.16.43. I use MATE desktop. There is no issue with my Mint install on the same computer, but Debian is more responsive and I like it more as well.

Could you help me, by pointing me to the good direction in debugging? Of course a solution would be welcomed warmly as well! :)
Last edited by horror vacui on 2017-08-18 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

lbuiyzxl

Re: Desktop freeze after suspend

#2 Post by lbuiyzxl »

Seem your Window Manager program is dead.
So you can't switch window or use your keybind.
I'm unsure,but my idea to you is: try change your Window Manager or Desktop Environment
I'm sorry for my bad English skills
I'm don't want to be a nuisance.

horror vacui

Re: Desktop freeze after suspend

#3 Post by horror vacui »

The issue is gone. I just guess, that it was fixed with an update.