gMTP

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

gMTP

Postby Deblib » 2017-09-02 09:49

Hello, I want to use gMTP in Debian to transfer my FP2 (with Fairphone Open OS) files. I have installed gmtp, libmtp-common, libmtp-dbg, libmtp-dev, libmtp-runtime, libmtp9 and mtp-tools packages in my computer. But gMTP shows an error message when I try to connect my FP2 (I select transfer files with MTP in my FP2, previously).
When I open gMTP with Terminal, it says this:
Code: Select all
$ gmtp
Device 0 (VID=2ae5 and PID=9039) is a Fairphone Fairphone 2 OS.
ignoring libusb_claim_interface() = -6PTP_ERROR_IO: failed to open session, trying again after resetting USB interface
LIBMTP libusb: Attempt to reset device
ignoring libusb_claim_interface() = -6LIBMTP PANIC: failed to open session on second attempt
Detectar: No se puede abrir el dispositivo de primas?
LIBMTP PANIC: Trying to dump the error stack of a NULL device!
LIBMTP PANIC: Trying to clear the error stack of a NULL device!

As root, similar result.
Any solution using gMTP?
Deblib

Re: gMTP

Postby TonyT » 2017-09-02 11:02

If it doesn’t connect automatically, open the notification panel on your phone, select USB connection and in there select “MTP” mode.

How to connect your Fairphone to your Linux computer:
Connecting your Fairphone to a Linux computer is slightly more difficult, but it's possible and should work without any problems. Read the articles here and here, on how to use your Fairphone with a Linux computer. Also, an easy solution is to install the package mtpfs. Read more here about mtpfs.

Source: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/ ... and-Linux-
TonyT

Re: gMTP

Postby Deblib » 2017-09-10 13:20

I have used gMTP without problems with Debian 8 and my FP2. But since I did a clean installation Debian 9 is not able to connect. Of course I activated MTP on the phone but nothing. I suspect that it is a problem of the usb ports, although I have tried to connect the cell to all of the pc. I would like to continue using the gMTP application since it is very comfortable and I have always worked well.
Deblib

Return to Desktop & Multimedia