Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Light Locker is Crashing

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
SilentStorm

Light Locker is Crashing

#1 Post by SilentStorm »

Hello,

I'm using Debian testing with XFCE (the system was GNOME, I removed the packages and installed task-desktop-xfce), however I'm having problem with light-locker. Whenever the screen is locked (either manual or automatic via timeout), the system falls back to a VT with only a cursor blink. I need to SSH to system, unlock the session and switch to original VT to return the session.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Danielsan

Re: Light Locker is Crashing

#2 Post by Danielsan »

If you don't need light-locker active (I hate it) you can disable it: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... ght+locker

SilentStorm

#3 Post by SilentStorm »

Actually, I need the ability to lock my screen. The XFCE is running on my work computer, so I need the ability to lock the system at the end of the day. I'm logging out currently.

Danielsan

#4 Post by Danielsan »

You can use also xscreensaver to lock the screen.

SilentStorm

#5 Post by SilentStorm »

Will consider your suggestion if I fail to fix the light-locker. :)

debiman

#6 Post by debiman »

obvious question:
what do the logs say about the time of locking/unlocking?

SilentStorm

#7 Post by SilentStorm »

Actually, I was unable to find the logs when the problem occurred. Will reproduce the problem and look for them again. Will post my progress here.

SilentStorm

#8 Post by SilentStorm »

In a moment of luck today, I got a more recent computer at office, and tried to reproduce the problem. It looks like the problem was from nVidia's legacy display drivers. Light locker is working as intended in the new hardware.

Don't sure whether this situation warrants a bug report, also I'm not sure whether I have time to follow up the progress of the bug.

chronics

#9 Post by chronics »

There is already bug report for this bug #868087, its still occuring with the latest nvidia drivers 375.82

SilentStorm

#10 Post by SilentStorm »

chronics wrote:There is already bug report for this bug #868087, its still occuring with the latest nvidia drivers 375.82
Thanks for your reply. I will also add nvidia-legacy to the report if it's not added already.