Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Getting Thunar 1.6.12 to Stretch?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
thunderogg

Re: Getting Thunar 1.6.12 to Stretch?

#16 Post by thunderogg »

stevepusser wrote:I changed ~bpo9+1 to bpo9 because the OBS doesn't recognize the "+" symbol in package versions, but it's a cosmetic change. An official stretch-backports package with the "+1" will then update over mine if anyone ever does one, though.
So it would be better for me too to leave out the "+" character. It would take care of the function I lost when removing the "~" character. Is that correct?
Debian 12 / Xfce4

stevepusser

#17 Post by stevepusser »

Not recognizing the "+" is just a pecularity of the OBS. What is more important the the Debian versioning system ranks the tilde "~" symbol as lower than any other, so that guarantees that a backports version will be seen as lower than the equivalent version in the next stable release. Since you aren't concerned about that, (like we aren't at MX, either) you can go on with your homebuilt version, it should work just fine.

So the versioning system sees foo-1.2-3 > foo-1.2-3~bpo9+1 > foo-1.2-2
MX Linux packager and developer

thunderogg

#18 Post by thunderogg »

stevepusser wrote:Since you aren't concerned about that, (like we aren't at MX, either) you can go on with your homebuilt version, it should work just fine.
Good! Thanks very much for all the insight! :D
Debian 12 / Xfce4