Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Changing Bit Depth on Debian 9 VPS

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
dcc337

Changing Bit Depth on Debian 9 VPS

#1 Post by dcc337 »

running LXDE.. just wanted to change bit depth to 16 bit (now it shows 24 when type in /xwininfo -root | grep Depth:/), cause it's 512mb ram, and while it runs perfectly seems like sometimes stick, and afaik difference between 16 and 24 enough to resolve it, as I do on old hi-loaded desktops. but this is VPS and it have no monitor itself, adding xorg.conf doesn't matter at all - so would you help me))

and else question, as I running it in 256 color client mode (well even it takes 100mb/hour of quite expensive traffic on 1-3 mbps gate anyway not able to go 16-bit), does it have matter at all? but I'd like to try, cause suspect it anyway compute 24 bit before convert it to 256 color, which may cause even more cpu and other overload. and if you know how to change it even not 16 bit but 256 color itself should be even better solve.