Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Right-click simulation for Panasonic touchscreen in mate?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
gurfle

Right-click simulation for Panasonic touchscreen in mate?

#1 Post by gurfle »

Hardware: Panasonic CF-54
Software: Stretch 9.2, mate deaktop
Normal pointer left-clicks and motions on touchscreen work all as expected, but there seems to be no way to get anything to simulate left-clicks.

I think the way it's supposed to work is with extended touch time, but that produces no response

Enabling "secondary-click-enabled" in dconf->org->desktop->ally->mouse does not make this work.
(the dwell-time and secondary-click-time are both set to 1.2 seconds there.)

Am I missing something obvious?

I thought perhaps installing the package "mousetweaks", would help, but I can't get it to do anything useful.

Another option would be to look into configuring things with xinput, but I find that generally a bit difficult, and I would prefer to stay away from it if at all possible. Yet if that really is the only way, it would be nice to have that confirmed here to avoid getting into an unnecessary "xinput project" :wink:

Or maybe something can just go into /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d ? If so, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On a somewhat related side note, there is supposed to be an "Accessibility" tab in the mate mouse control panel, but I only have the General" tab (which is why, for my first attempt above, I ended up using dconf-editor). Anybody know how to get that tab in the mouse control panel?