Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LXDE autologin

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
duschaan

LXDE autologin

#1 Post by duschaan »

Hi guys! I need help setting up autologin on debian 9 LXDE. Changing lightdm configuration in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf ( autologin-user=duschaan, autologin-user-timeout=0) didn't help. Any idea? Thank you

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: LXDE autologin

#2 Post by arochester »

Presumably you saw https://wiki.debian.org/LightDM ?
uncomment them
/!\ Note that this has to be in the [?SeatDefaults] section, not the [LightDM] section.

debiman

#3 Post by debiman »

doesn't lxde have a gui utility for this?

Glenst0rm

#4 Post by Glenst0rm »

duschaan wrote:Hi guys! I need help setting up autologin on debian 9 LXDE. Changing lightdm configuration in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf ( autologin-user=duschaan, autologin-user-timeout=0) didn't help. Any idea? Thank you

Did you find a solution to this? I am having similar problems.

blanas

#5 Post by blanas »

duschaan wrote:Hi guys! I need help setting up autologin on debian 9 LXDE. Changing lightdm configuration in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf ( autologin-user=duschaan, autologin-user-timeout=0) didn't help. Any idea? Thank you
I had same problem but I found that in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf file autologin-user and autologin-user-timeout occur twice, then I set it twice. I also set autologin-session = LXDE twice. In addition, I created a group autologin (groupadd -r autologin) and I added my user to this group (gpasswd -a username autologin). Now it works fine.

kidgrave

#6 Post by kidgrave »

Go to the terminal and type:

nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

Scroll all the way to the bottom and paste this:

[Seat:*]
pam-service=lightdm
pam-autologin-service=lightdm-autologin
autologin-user=TYPE-YOUR-USERNAME-HERE
autologin-user-timeout=0
session-wrapper=/etc/X11/Xsession
greeter-session=lightdm-greeter

Save the changes. This works with Debian 9 really good.