Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Lightdm-greeter and LDAP-authentication

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
IlikeBörek

Lightdm-greeter and LDAP-authentication

#1 Post by IlikeBörek »

Hello,

i'm not sure if this fits in "Desktop and Multimedia" but as the problem seems to be related to Lightdm, I put it here.

I am running a small network with 10 fat clients. The users authenticate via ldap running on the fileserver for the network. There are no local users defined, only system users. I use lightdm as Display-Manager. Since the update from Wheezy to Stretch, the Greeter does not show the LDAP-Users anymore and the users have to authenticate themselves by typing username and password.

What I mean is: before I updated the clients to Stretch, Lightdm showed me a dropdown-list with users to chose from. LDAP-Users, not local users. After the update, there is no dropdown-list anymore and my users have to type username and password to authenticate. This is only a minor annoyance. But it would be nice to get the list back.