Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

wine - mouse behaviour issue

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Pakos

wine - mouse behaviour issue

#1 Post by Pakos »

Exactly every 2nd left click is executed as single click without hold. For movement, I hold the left mouse button, but this only works every 2nd click.
This happens only in one game so far, diablo 3 and i've tested several wine versions, from 2.5 to 2.20.
i know it's more like a wine/game issue itself, rather than debian but maybe somebody knows a solution.

Capitain_Jack

Re: wine - mouse behaviour issue

#2 Post by Capitain_Jack »

I think this is realy not the place for this (I guess it should be asked at wine or playonlinux forums) but anyway, to be helpful doesn't mean you need to make it at the exact right place.

I use playonlinux and don't use their installer for this game, instead, I use (inside playonlinux) a 2.21 staging wine 32bit version, with staging options enabled, to install blizzard client, and than the game itself within the blizzard client. It works. If not, try setting the bliz client with the provider installer, and only on unsucess change the wine version to the one mentioned, enable the staging options, than retry to run.

I also make sure wine32 wine64 winetricks playonlinux wine packages are installed.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha