Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

XORG Keyboard Bug?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
nadielaya7

XORG Keyboard Bug?

#1 Post by nadielaya7 »

Using Debian XFCE, everything is perfect except a weird keyboard bug hotkey that I dont know what is that keeps toggling accidentaly while typing apparently. Seems to be related to alt+something or that type of "keyboard shortcut" that I am not knowing how to even find information about as Google hasn't helped.

How do I fix my keyboard from randomly going into this weird no cursor mode where the up and down keys scroll the whole window right scroll bar and the cursor dissappears? Happens while coding and happens while using mousepad. Seems a global keyboard hotkey thing that I can't find any information about, so this is basically my last attempt at beating this issue before I launch the computer off the window; thought it was something like maybe a weird hotkey combination for Scroll Lock that I am not aware of messing my keyboard up by hitting it accidentally without knowing what it is.

Maybe SCROLL_LOCK or something? ? I don't even have a SCROLL LOCK key or anything. Not that I even know what that key really does in a regular keyboard anyway.

Do you know what this is and how to toggle this keyboard scroll mode?

The thing just really gets to you after a while .
Last edited by nadielaya7 on 2017-12-02 00:40, edited 1 time in total.

nadielaya7

Re: XORG Keyboard Bug?

#3 Post by nadielaya7 »

Exactly how to fix it? Read through your link, just dont get it yet . . There's no data on what Im dealing with in that link that I could find?

.. Will continue reading . . thx

nadielaya7

#4 Post by nadielaya7 »

nadielaya7 wrote:
Exactly how to fix it? Read through your link, just dont get it yet . . There's no data on what Im dealing with in that link that I could find?

.. Will continue reading . . thx
WTH I just found a way to fix the issue out of mistake I am so happy!!!

Just pressing Alt+LeftMouseClick or Ctrl+Mouseclick or WindowsKey/ComposeKey+ Mouseclicking on the problem window seems to fix the issue!! i cant say exactly what the fix is because I just fixed it like this by just trying every key combination I could think of and then I thought maybe using the left mouse button has something to do with it and effectively , it seems to work! Ill post the exact solution when it happens again and I can specify exactly what the fix is! thx

nadielaya7

#5 Post by nadielaya7 »

Its just Alt+LeftClick!!!
Last edited by nadielaya7 on 2018-03-21 02:37, edited 1 time in total.

debiman

#6 Post by debiman »

mouse broken (stray clicks)?
laptop touchpad issue (accidental clicking with your palm while typing)?

nadielaya7

#7 Post by nadielaya7 »

did not happen on gnome