Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cinnamon + Pulseaudio + Jack issue

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
gosam

Cinnamon + Pulseaudio + Jack issue

#1 Post by gosam »

Hello guys,

I had a functional debian sid system including those three with the pulseaudio-module-jack package bridging between PA and Jack. Unfortunately, since my last aptitude upgrade, this combo no longer works, and I'm suspecting a cinnamon issue.
After I start jack through Qjackctl and kill/start pulseaudio, I used to see the jack sink and jack source in cinnamon's sound settings. Now it no longer happens and I get no sound.
But, if I launch pavucontrol, I do see both of those, and fiddling with the volume bar on the jack sink produces sound. To further make sure that it's a cinnamon only issue, I installed both KDE and Gnome and gave them a try : works as expected.

Any ideas?

L_V

Re: Cinnamon + Pulseaudio + Jack issue

#2 Post by L_V »

May be this will not help you, but for info, I've spent hours to try to 100% split volume+mute control of speakers/headphone outputs with Pulseaudio.
Result => totally impossible with pulseaudio, and always worked out of the box with alsa + kmix without any question.
I then dropped pulseaudio for ever. Should be available in experimental repository, but not in stable one, even not SID.

May be the first question for you would be ... do you really need pulseaudio which is still very unmature and very difficult to debug ?

Some debugging command:

Code: Select all

pacmd
        Welcome to PulseAudio! Use "help" for usage information.
>>> list-sinks
>>> list-cards

Code: Select all

pactl info
Configuration files: /etc/pulse/daemon.conf ; /etc/pulse/default.pa