Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved]hp pavilion, Stretch, display rotates spontaneously

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
debiman

Re: In a hp pavilion with Stretch, display rotates spontaneo

#16 Post by debiman »

debiman wrote:does this have screen rotating sensors?
amorales wrote:In the mean time I have discovered a surprising behaviour: When display rotates, I can restore the right display by rotating all the laptop some 45° and coming back!
That means that the laptop has an acceleration sensor? I said before that there was not a rotation sensor. For what is it a rotation sensor in a laptop?
i have to remember that:
ask people for facts, you still get opinions, only they thought it was fact.

amorales

Re: [Solved]hp pavilion, Stretch, display rotates spontaneo

#17 Post by amorales »

Hi:
I have marked the problem as Solved, but I must say that still the login display is some times rotated. This can cause to the Linux beginners think that this operative system is primitive, which it is not true. I must remind that looks that the problem is specific to hp pavilion, therefore hp pavilion must take some action.
Thanks.

debiman

Re: [Solved]hp pavilion, Stretch, display rotates spontaneo

#18 Post by debiman »

thoughts:
the screen rotation is triggered by some sensor, which is basically a device of your computer, and probably has a driver/module.

maybe you can

- disable the module. no more screen rotation.

or

- see if something can be done about the driver: driver options, newer driver, newer firmware...